Huntsman Eldridge Surveyors Ltd, are committed to discharging their obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and all other relevant statutory legislation.
They will seek to provide a healthy and safe working environment for their Employees and will endeavour to ensure the safety and health of all others who could foreseeably be affected by the activities under their control or the conducting of their undertaking.
The Company shall ensure that:
• Sufficient information, instruction and supervision as to enable all employees to avoid hazards and
contribute positively to their own safety and health at work.
• A safe and healthy place of work and access to it.
• Adequate welfare facilities.
• A source of competent health and safety advice and assistance to enable Directors and Staff to carry
out the health and safety responsibilities assigned to them.
• Encourage positive behaviour and improved safety culture, promoted by constructive and effective
communication and participation
• Ensure that personal responsibilities are discharged in a safe, reliable and competent manner.
• Provide adequate and appropriate training and invest in the competency of our teams and ensure
responsibilities are discharged in a safe and reliable manner.
• Work with the industry and our Clients to improve overall health and safety, including recognising our
contribution through safety in design.
• Provide adequate funding and resources that contribute towards a safe and healthy environment, and assist
with legal compliance.
• Understand that by the development and implementation of safe working practices we are likely to reduce
accidents, incidents and occupational ill health.
• Measure, monitor and report on safety management regularly to the Management Partners and ensure
lessons learned are communicated.
The directors have allocated the responsibility of monitoring compliance to our safety management system to Ritva Eldridge [Health and Safety manager] who will report to the directors at regular intervals and recommend changes where necessary
The Health and Safety manager shall ensure that:
• The Health and Safety Policy as prepared is made known to the employees of the Company.
• The policy is fully implemented and that a high standard of compliance is achieved by regular monitoring,
the provision of adequate supervision and by the dissemination of information.
• Adequate financial provision is made for foreseeable items of expenditure associated with health and safety.
• Such Health and Safety training as is necessary is provided to ensure that all staff are competent to discharge
There is provided a competent source of health and safety advice and assistance to ensure compliance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. In all of the Company’s arrangements for health and safety, that risks to the safety and health of employees, tenants, occupiers and members of the public, as appropriate, are identified and adequately controlled.
The arrangements for recording and reporting of all injury accidents are implemented and the enforcing authority is informed where appropriate.
To achieve a high standard of health and safety the active co-operation of all Employees is essential. Employees are reminded of their own duties under the Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulation 1999 to take care of their own safety and that of other persons and to co-operate with their employer so as to enable him to carry out his responsibilities successfully.
All employees shall ensure that they:
• Co-operate with the Company in the implementation of its Policy and Arrangements for health and safety.
• All injury accidents are reported and recorded in the Company Accident Book.
• They conduct themselves in a manner as to ensure their own safety and the safety of others who foreseeably
could be affected by their acts or omissions.
• They are aware of the fire procedure for the premises in which they work in, and in particular are familiar
with the means of escape in the event of fire.
• All work activities are carried out in accordance with the instructions or training that they receive.
• Any unsafe situation or concerns of a health and safety nature are brought to the attention of their Supervisor
or Manager, without delay.
This statement is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
Health and Safety Policy
Quality Assurance Policy
Equal Opportunities Policy
Corporate Social Responsibility