Huntsman Eldridge Surveyors Ltd accepts responsibility for the harmful effects its operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them.
We will measure its impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement and we are committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
• Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources;
• Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner;
• Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
• Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice, exceeding
the policies where feasible, in effect using them as a minimum standard;
• Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
• The Company will implement a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues
and enlist their support in improving the Company's performance.
• Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air,
• Ensure we keep abreast of the latest advancements and developments within our industry and
subsequently provide training for staff, so that we work in accordance with this policy and within an
environmentally aware culture;
• Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.
In a professional capacity we will strive to:
• Within our brief, influence, where at all possible, our clients (and other design team members) to approve
the specification of environmentally friendly products/components and systems;
• Where we have delegated responsibility and/or sole discretion, positively specify environmentally friendly
products/components and systems;
• Raise awareness with contractors we work with and encourage their participation in all relevant aspects
of environmental management in connection with working aspects of building projects;
• Ensure that where materials can be re-used that they are or where they are not they are considered for
re-cycling, where new materials are used that they come from renewable sources.
This statement is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public. This policy statement will be reviewed annually and updated/amended as necessary. The Directors of Huntsman Eldridge Surveyors Ltd endorse these policy statements and are fully committed to their implementation.
Health and Safety Policy
Quality Assurance Policy
Equal Opportunities Policy
Corporate Social Responsibility